Sunday, March 22, 2009

You know, for most people manholes are just inconveniences. Might trip and sprain your ankle, whatever. But for people like me, manholes are DITCHES. So, I'm stuck down underground and it's like..4am, only a guess..you know, judging by the position of the sun that's not up. But I'm just guessing.
"Help me!" For what it's worth, I could at least try and yell.
"Hey bitch, watch out..I'm coming down."
So there we go..my one source of help out the window.
"Fuck you! I obviously needed help man.."
"Shut up, you'll attract attention!"
Alright, so now I'm an accomplice..? Great.
"You might as well just tell me now, what'd you do? Rob mo'liquor or what? If we're gonna be down here together, I want to know what the deal is."
"I'm not asking about your height..so let's just keep quiet."
Honestly, I'm really getting sick of that being the first thing people notice. Because I don't live in some Pleasentville 'burbs people don't just turn their heads at me, instead they flat out ask me what the deal is. I don't mind it personally, because I'm used to my height, grown up with it for..23 years now.
"I escaped prison..but I really didn't do it- I didn't rape that girl. I swear."
"Aw..hell. That's a shame. So much for keeping each other in the dark...I'm a midget..obviously..?"
This guy really wasn't so bad. I mean, for the most part he wasn't bad looking and the fact that he came clean...more or less...was awesome.
"Yeah, I'm sorry. I was being a dick. It's really cold down here."
"You wanna come up to my apartment? It's like...just outside this manhole, I think you could totally get away with making the move...just somewhere to warm up and eat and sleep..just if you want."
I didn't mind, really, but maybe I have too much trust in people.
"Yeah, sure."

No comments:

Post a Comment